I wanted to prepare a lovely meal at home (just like a house husband) for my old long time friend. Therefore I decided to try cooking beef curry. This is a quick and simple curry to cook, perfect for curry lovers! The recipe is for two person portion.
Prince B’s Japanese Stewed Beef Curry
– 200 gram chuck cut beef
– 5 cloves garlic
– 1 onion
– 1 carrot
– 300 ml water
– 1 S&B curry sauce
– Olive oil
– Sesame oil
1. Cut the beef into cubes and marinated with olive oil, sesame oil and pepper. Set aside the marinated beef for 20mins.
2. Diced 5 cloves of garlic, cut a carrot and put it in water to microwave for 2 mins to soften.
3. Sliced a whole onion. Stir-fry the onions and garlic in olive oil for 2 mins till golden brown.
4. Add the beef cubes and stir-fry for 2 minutes till slightly brown, medium rare in color.
5. Pour 300 ml of boiling water into the pot together with the sliced carrots and allowed it to boil at high heat for 5 mins, by which the water should turn to a murky light brown then change it to simmer at low heat for 1 hour.
6. Add the S&B curry sauce and change the fire to medium and simmer for another 10 minutes. Keep stirring the broth to avoid the ingredients sticking to the bottom of the pot. This also ensures consistency for the curry sauce to do its magic to coagulate the sauce.
7. Served hot with toasted wholemeal bread or rice.
Eat2Live by Team BevilS Food Blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Singapore License</