This is a fairly easy to cook dish and can be prepared in just 30mins. The grilled salmon dish is full of flavour and contains loads of vitamin C from vegetables and omega 3 from Salmon. Please remember not to put add too much salt or sauce as the salmon would taste too salty and you will be unable taste the wonder flavor of the salmon jus.
Grilled Salmon Fillet
150 grams of Salmon Fillet ($6)
Cherry Tomatoes (5 pieces)
Carrot (1 piece)
Onion (1 piece)
Ginger (1 stone size)
Teriyaki sauce (1/2 teaspoon)
Sea salt (1/2 teaspoon)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (2 teaspoons)
Light Soya Sauce (1/2 teaspoon)
1. Defrost the frozen salmon from your freezer. Thaw it for at least 30mins with a few cubes of ice to prevent contamination.
2. Prepare the condiments. I have taken out a piece of ginger the size of a small stone. Peel the dark skin and extract the ginger juice using a blender (I used my modern U-like shredder cum blender), which will be used to remove any fishy taste from the salmon. Chop an onion (a useful tip is to leave the onion in water before cutting so as to reduce the chances of yourself weeping away off onion gas. ) Cut the tomatoes in halves too. I’ve also include some shredded carrots to boost the vitamin content.
3. Add the ginger juice, chopped onions, a pinch of sea salt, extra virgin olive oil, light Soya Sauce and a dash of Teriyaki sauce to marinate the salmon to enhance its natural flavours.
4. Create a makeshift box with aluminium foil, place the fish with the ingredients except tomatoes and carrots (which will be added to the salmon after 5 minutes).
5. Grill the fish in any oven toaster at a medium degree heat for 15 minutes. After 10mins, the succulent cherry tomatoes should burst with sweetness and warmth, onions should be nicely browned. After 15 mins, the salmon flesh should be nicely cooked to perfection.
Eat2Live by Team BevilS Food Blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Singapore License</